Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology offers a dynamic learning experience where you'll discover your strengths and potential through an active and stimulating environment.
Whether you're a school leaver, changing career, or setting out on a whole new chapter in your life, there's something here for you.
- 2020 Domestic Course Guide
- 2020 Regional Course Guide (Taupō, Tokoroa, Whakatāne and nearby towns)
- Foundation Courses Guide
- Bay of Plenty Trades Academy Programme Guide Read more about Trades Academy on our Secondary School Services page.
- 2020 International Prospectus (or Chinese Translation)
Vocational Pathway Booklets
Read about the subjects offered at Toi Ohomai, grouped by Vocational Pathway.
- 2020 Construction and Infrastructure
- 2020 Creative Industries
- 2020 Manufacturing and Technology
- 2020 Primary Industries
- 2020 Services Industries (Book 1)
- 2020 Services Industries (Book 2)
- 2020 Social and Community Services
Everything you need to know about being a student at Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology.
- Faculty of Business, Design and Service Industries Student Handbook
- Faculty of Health, Education and Environment Student Handbook
- Faculty of Primary Industries, Trades and Infrastructure Student Handbook
Every year Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology publishes an Annual Report detailing its financial performance and key facts.
Highlights for 2019 included:
- 11,875 students enrolled, representing 5,870 EFTS, supported by 974 staff.
- 92 per cent of students are satisfied with their Toi Ohomai experience.
- Despite falling revenues, we continued to improve our financial performance – once again increasing our cash operating surplus and reducing our operating deficit.
- We released our Māori Success Strategy 2019-2023: Ka mate kainga tahi, ka ora kainga rua. Toi Ohomai has the second highest number of Māori student enrolments out of the 16 Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics (ITPs) in New Zealand. This inaugural strategy outlines 40 organisational targets we intend to achieve during the next four years.
- Our first ever submission to the Performance Based Research Fund resulted in 28 rated portfolios, placing us in the top half of all the New Zealand ITPs.
- We ranked sixth out of 89 tertiary institutes around the globe in the biennial i-graduate international student survey, including first in five separate categories and first out of the 13 NZ ITPs that participated. The number of full-time equivalent international student enrolments at Toi Ohomai increased by 18 per cent.
- We won the Institution of the Year Award at the trans-Tasman Tertiary Education Management Conference, thanks to the efforts of our Facilities team.
- We developed and piloted New Zealand’s first bilingual and immersion Māori Trades Academy courses to support greater numbers of Māori learners to pathway into health sciences.
- We removed single use cups from our campuses, stopping the annual flow of more than 140,000 discarded cups into landfills.
- 91 per cent of employers are satisfied or very satisfied that Toi Ohomai meets their needs.