Toi Ohomai Regulations
The Regulatory Framework for Quality Assurance document below encompasses the institution's Academic Statute, Academic Regulations, Quality Management System and staff and student Codes of Conduct, and Student Code of Rights.
- 2022 Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology Regulatory Framework for Quality Assurance
- 2022 Student Code of Conduct *
- 2022 Student Code of Rights *
- Procedure - Student Discipline (pdf, 127kb)
- Domestic Enrolment Terms and Conditions (pdf, 77kb)
* excerpt from the 2022 Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology Regulatory Framework for Quality Assurance.
Fee policies and other information can be found on our Fees information page.
Quality Assurance Status
Toi Ohomai participated in its first External Evaluation and Review (EER) in May of 2018 and was rated Category 2. This is the highest rating achievable until the newly formed institution has more history behind it. Read the full 2018 report (pdf, 500kb)
The next review is due in 2022.
All of the Toi Ohomai programmes and courses are quality assured by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment for International Students
Official Information Policy
Te Pūkenga Official Information Policy (pdf, 300kb)
The Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International learners) Code of Practice 2021
From 1 January 2022, the new Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International learners) Code of Practice 2021 comes into effect. All tertiary education providers and schools enrolling international students will be expected to comply with the code from 1 January 2022.
The code sets out the expectations that tertiary education organisations and schools enrolling international students must meet for learners’ safety and wellbeing. It brings together the current codes for domestic and international learners with separate parts of the code for:
- student accommodation
- tertiary providers enrolling international learners
- schools enrolling international students (this part restates existing requirements for schools).
In the interim, please refer to the following code of practice for domestic and international students:
- The Education (Pastoral Care of Domestic Tertiary Students) Interim Code of Practice 2019
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016 (including Amendments 2019)