Apply your knowledge of the tourism and travel industry and expand your skills with this one-year applied course.
New Zealand’s tourism operators are crying out for skilled workers who can hit the ground running and know how to deliver a first-rate visitor experience. You hone your leadership skills while learning more about the operational side of tourism management.
How do you plan and promote events? What are the impacts of tourism operations? And how do you set up a new venture? Through case-study tasks and visits to the workplace, you explore the success factors that have put New Zealand’s tourism industry on the world map.
Become part of this booming industry and put your skills to work.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel (Level 6)
|Next intake||Jul 2022 View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||$5,868 for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Senior level roles in the tourism and travel industry including:
- business owner
- tourism operations advisor/manager
- business development co-ordinator/manager
- trade development advisor/manager
- general manager
Topics you'll cover
- Cultural Dimensions of Tourism and Hospitality
- Tourism and Hospitality Staff Development and Retention
- Impacts of Tourism and Travel
- Tourism and Events
- Planning for Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality Enterprise
- Product Development for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Enterprise and Investment
- Destination Management
|Indicative Fees *||$5,868 for domestic students|
|Course related costs||
$300 for field trips
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- a Level 5 related qualification or equivalent, OR
- a Level 4 related qualification and relevant work experience (supervisory or junior management level in the tourism and travel industry), OR
- evidence of ability to meet academic requirements
English language requirements
IELTS Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||18 Jul 2022|
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Part-time study available