Bay of Plenty Tourism and Hospitality Summit
- When: Thursday, 26 Sep 2019, 8.45am
- Duration: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Where: Rotorua
Lecture Theater, L Block
New Zealand’s tourism and hospitality industry is expected to be worth $41 billion per annum by 2025. To reach that, the sector needs an extra 36,000 full-time equivalent workers.
How can we attract and train these essential workers? What are we, as a region, doing to tap into this booming tourism and hospitality market?
Join this free one-day event and be part of the conversation with industry experts, regional leaders, and secondary and tertiary educators to explore how we can all collaborate to ensure success - now and in the future.
- Paul Button, My road to entrepreneurship
- Esther Goldsworthy, The love of tourism
- Julia Anne, How fast is the tide rising on the shared economy
- Fraser Hungerford, Championing Food Provenance
- Bronwyn Alton, Research opportunities for the sector
- Nick Chater and Nikki Kelly, The importance of Adventure Education
- Bart Vose, The junction; A transformational space for learning. Industry training requirements, micro-credentials
Registrations are essential. RSVP by 20 September.