The Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology Community Organisation Study Awards are intended for adult learners who are currently working in a not-for-profit organisation. Any community organisation can nominate a staff member for an award (one award per organisation).
The scholarships are open to adults (18+ years) who are currently working in a not-for-profit organisation, either full-time or part-time, who have been nominated by the community organisation.
This award is only open to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents who are enrolling in a full-time Toi Ohomai course.
In all cases, the award will be pending the individual meeting, the course entry criteria and being accepted onto their intended study course.
Applicants must provide evidence to demonstrate a focused intention to succeed within their chosen subject area.
Consideration will also be given to the applicant’s personal and financial circumstances.
Four individual awards of $500 to assist with the payment of course fees or course related costs.
Application Form / More information
Applicants must attach the following evidence to this application form:
- nomination by your employer (using the attached sheet in the application form)
- a brief statement (using the attached sheet in the application form) outlining:
- why you focused on your chosen subject area
- how financial assistance may be critical to your success
- information on career plans, goals, achievements, community involvement, or personal strengths, especially in the area of learning