These awards help to encourage local school leavers to continue their education at Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology. Selected students will receive a $2,500 study award to assist them with their first full year of study.
- Applicants will need to meet the criteria for their chosen area of study at the time of enrolment
- Applications are open to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents only
- Applicants must be nominated from a secondary school within the Toi Ohomai Bay of Plenty and South Waikato regions
The criteria for selecting the award recipients is based on:
- Demonstrated leadership potential
Where a student demonstrates leadership abilities within the school environment. This may be formally, as a member of a school committee of some type (e.g. student representative, sports team), or informally as a person of positive influence upon their peers by means of their values and behaviours.
- Cultural/sporting/academic achievement
Where a student demonstrates an ability to apply themselves, and excel, in a challenging academic environment; and demonstrates a recognised talent in any form of cultural or sporting achievement.
- Contribution to school/community
Where a student has been contributing strongly to their school and/or community. May include community groups and organisations such as marae, church, youth groups, clubs, volunteer work etc.
- Commitment to study/financial need
Where a student demonstrates academic ability, as above, and is the subject of economic hardship that may limit their access to the resources needed to study at Toi Ohomai.
This is a one-off award paid towards the first year of study. It can be used for any Toi Ohomai course/s where a student will be in full-time study for at least one year.
Application Form / More information
Please submit a Student Statement with your application detailing the following:
- How you became interested in your chosen course at Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology; and
- How you meet the academic achievement criteria, plus one or more of the other Award criteria.
Include two references with your application from people who know you well and can testify to your attributes in relation to the Award criteria.