Want to upskill and become an effective manager in the fruit production industry?
This one year part-time course is designed for people already employed in the horticulture industry who manage financial data for an orchard block of one hectare or more.
You'll develop all the financial and management skills needed to operate an orchard profitably.
Many students choose this training scheme after completing the New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture (Level 4).
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive:
- Fruit Production for Profit (Level 5)
|Locations||To be confirmed|
|Next intake||To be confirmed View more details|
1 year part-time
This course is offered part-time over a full production period in an orchard management context. Classes are short block courses and tutorial sessions on-campus and you'll submit your coursework online.
|Indicative Fees||$1,911 for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
This course makes assistant managers, managers and owner-operators more efficient and effective in their existing roles, and enhances their ability to plan, budget, evaluate, and report the financial performance of the horticulture operation.
These new skills may also open up higher level opportunities within the industry.
Topics you'll cover
- Horticultural Operations and Business Planning
- Horticultural Business Skills
- Horticultural Business Environment
|Indicative Fees *||$1,911 for domestic students|
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
Course Entry Information
- NCEA Level 2 with passes in English/Te Reo Māori or education achievement at least equivalent to NCEA Level 2, OR
- a Level 3 qualification in horticulture, agriculture, OR
- show equivalent skills and knowledge, OR
- evidence of ability to complete academic and any other course requirements.
Your application will be reviewed to ensure entry criteria has been met. The following selection criteria will then apply:
- be employed in the horticulture industry and/or have access to financial data for an orchard block of one hectare or more
- have access to the internet and a computer or other internet capable device for the submission of assignments
- be competent in using Word and Excel to the level required for the course. You will be assessed for competency at the induction tutorial.
English language requirements
Level 5 certificate or diploma IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
Intakes to be confirmed Ask to be notified when the next intake becomes available
- 1 year part-time
- This course is offered part-time over a full production period in an orchard management context. Classes are short block courses and tutorial sessions on-campus and you'll submit your coursework online.
Further Study Options
Courses Offered at Toi Ohomai
Courses Currently Under Development at Toi Ohomai, or Offered at Other Institutions
- New Zealand Diploma in Horticulture Production (Fruit Production) (Level 5) (under development and/or pending approval)