Are you a working professional who wants to gain higher level qualifications in your field of expertise?
At Toi Ohomai you can advance your study of professional leadership with our unique suite of applied postgraduate courses that link directly to your current practice.
The Master of Applied Professional Studies – Infection Prevention and Control supports you to broaden your knowledge and experience through reflective practice, critical evaluation, in-depth analysis of issues and applied research.
You'll apply theory to examples of work-based situations. Your assessments and projects directly support your professional employment so you can seamlessly put your new skills and knowledge into practice on the job.
You'll advance your knowledge of microbiology and healthcare epidemiology, and critically evaluate procedures in healthcare settings. You'll explore the factors influencing health research and gain practical skills in implementing and monitoring an infection control programme.
During your Masters study you also develop the advanced research skills required to carry out an independent research project.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- Master of Applied Professional Studies (Infection Prevention and Control)
Additional awards included:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies (Infection Prevention and Control)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies (Infection Prevention and Control)
|Next intake||Feb 2021 View more details|
1.5 years full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
If you have already completed the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies (Infection Prevention and Control), you can finish this course in 16 weeks (full time).
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||Approx. $10,914 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Specialist nurse practitioner
- Health manager
- Professional researcher
Topics you'll cover
- Critical Reflective Practice
- Microbiology and Responses to Infection
- Healthcare Epidemiology
- Infection Prevention Control in Practice
- Health Care Infection Risk Management
- Nga Tikanga Rangahau: Research Protocols OR Applied Clinical Research for Health Professionals
- Research Project OR Dissertation
|Indicative Fees *||Approx. $10,914 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
|Course related costs||
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
You must hold:
- a bachelor's degree or bachelor's degree with honours in a cognate subject with a B average or above, OR
- a postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma in a cognate subject with a B average or above
You must have access to a relevant workplace. If you are not currently employed it is expected that you'll have at least two years relevant experience to draw on.
Limitations may apply to the number of students admitted and enrolled on the course. The Faculty Leader shall approve every applicant selected.
English language requirements
Academic score of 7.0 in all bands
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Online||Online||22 Feb 2021|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||22 Feb 2021|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||19 Jul 2021|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||6 Dec 2021|
- 1.5 years full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- If you have already completed the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies (Infection Prevention and Control), you can finish this course in 16 weeks (full time).
- Part-time study available