This hands-on, practical course provides a formal qualification in distribution. Whether you're already in the industry or looking for a new career, with a shortage of qualified people in this area, distribution is a great choice.
You’ll learn about the warehousing and distribution industry, its operating procedures and inventory controls, how to receive and dispatch goods, and much more.
This course is taught by supportive tutors from industry, using theory-based learning backed up by practical training on site, as well as work placements in industry.
If you're already working in the industry, you may be interested in the cadetship option.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Distribution (Level 3)
|Locations||Tokoroa, Wider BOP/Other|
|Next intake||Jul 2021 View more details|
1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||$3,455 for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
You'll be able to apply for operational roles in a wide variety of distribution workplaces:
- yards person
Potential employers include:
- distribution firms
- store operators
- building supply yards
- retail companies (e.g., supermarkets, diaries, large chain stores such as Rebel Sports, Briscoes etc)
Topics you'll cover
During this course you will learn about:
- distribution operations
- inventory control and stock management
- picking and dispatch
- operating procedures and codes of conduct
- health and safety practices
- effective communication
- customer service
|Indicative Fees *||$3,455 for domestic students|
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- be 16 years of age or older, AND
- have NCEA Level 1 or equivalent
You’ll be invited to an information meeting prior to Toi Ohomai offering you a place. This is your opportunity to find out more about the course content and to make sure you're on the most appropriate course for your career aspirations and current level of experience.
English language requirements
Level 3 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Tokoroa||Tokoroa Campus||19 Jul 2021|
|Wider BOP/Other||Kawerau Site(s)||19 Jul 2021|
- 1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Part-time study available