Project Management skills can take your career across a wide range of industries. Businesses are always on the lookout for project management professionals who can keep projects on track, on time, staff motivated and within budget.
You’ll cover topics such as project management tools, methodologies and principles, with plenty of opportunity to apply your learning to real-world scenarios.
This course is offered fully online via TANZ eCampus.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (Project Management) (Level 5)
|Next intake||Flexible (TANZ eCampus) View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Part-time study available
Offered online or partly online
|Indicative Fees||$5,197.28 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Entry level role in project management either for a corporate or volunteer entity.
Topics you'll cover
- Organisations in a New Zealand Context
- Business Functions
- Business Environments
- Understanding Change
Project Management topics:
- Applied Project Management
- Project Management Tools
- Project Management Methodologies
- Project Management Principles
|Indicative Fees *||$5,197.28 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
Take advantage of our early bird fees for your 2021 study. Enrol by 31 December 2020 and you’ll pay the 2020 tuition fees. Conditions apply.*
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
Applicants under 20 years old
- A minimum of 14 numeracy credits at level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau on the Directory of Assessment Standards, and
- Fifty credits at level 2 or above with at least 12 credits in each of three subjects including a minimum of 8 literacy credits at level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Māori; of which 4 credits must be in reading and 4 credits must be in writing.
- The literacy credits will be selected from a schedule of approved achievement standards and unit standards found on the NZQA website at Literacy requirements for University Entrance.
- or equivalent to the above.
Applicants 20 years or over
For applicants 20 years or over, there are no minimum academic requirements. However, applicants will need to provide their curriculum vitae detailing any relevant work experience and academic achievements. This information will used to assess whether the applicant is likely to successfully
complete the NZ Diploma in Business Programme.
In exceptional circumstances, an applicant under the age of 20 years who does not meet the academic entry requirements may be granted entry to the NZ Diploma in Business where they supply evidence of their ability to succeed on the NZ Diploma in Business programme.
English language requirements where English is not the first language:
IELTS 5.5 Academic (no band score lower than 5.0), or equivalent
English language requirements
Level 5 certificate or diploma IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Part-time study available
- Offered online or partly online