Ready to expand your skills in hospitality management? You could be walking into awesome roles in New Zealand’s booming tourism sector, or around the world. Or maybe you want to set up business for yourself?
In this one-year, jam-packed course you build on the skills learnt at level 5. You learn about business planning, operations, staffing, costings and marketing. You also get hands-on practice at real-life hospitality events and learn what it takes to deliver awesome customer experiences.
The industry is facing a massive shortfall of skilled employees, so get skilled today and become part of this growth industry.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management (Level 6)
|Next intake||Feb 2022 View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||$5,768 for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Team leader, supervisor or management roles across a range of hospitality sectors including kitchens, restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation, catering, food and beverage, hotels/resorts, and conferences/events.
Topics you'll cover
- Cultural Dimensions of Tourism and Hospitality
- Tourism and Hospitality Staff Development and Retention
- Innovation in Food and Beverage
- Managing Venues for Hospitality Events
- Planning for Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality Enterprise
- Product Development for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Enterprise and Investment
- Hotel Management
|Indicative Fees *||$5,768 for domestic students|
|Course related costs||
$300 for field trips
Take advantage of our early bird fees for your 2022 study. Enrol by 3 December 2021 and you’ll pay the 2021 tuition fees. Conditions apply.*
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- a Level 5 qualification recognised by Toi Ohomai as being relevant to the hospitality industry, or equivalent, OR
- a Level 4 qualification recognised by Toi Ohomai as being relevant to the hospitality industry AND relevant work experience (supervisory or junior management level in the hospitality industry), OR
- evidence of ability to meet academic requirements
English language requirements
IELTS Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||21 Feb 2022|
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||21 Feb 2022|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||18 Jul 2022|
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||18 Jul 2022|
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Part-time study available