Expand your leadership skills and knowledge with this exciting professional development opportunity.
Whatever your field of expertise, this course will help you seek promotion within a professional leadership role.
You build on your current experience and/or qualifications to gain specialist skills in mentoring and leadership.
During the course of study you learn to interpret, critique and apply current research to solve leadership and mentoring problems in the workplace. You explore different leadership models and become familiar with a range of skills for mentoring others. You also gain critical knowledge regarding human resources for professionals and New Zealand employment legislation.
This qualification could help you move into team leader and management positions in your area of expertise (criteria for professional registration may apply in some fields of practice).
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- Graduate Diploma in Mentoring and Professional Leadership
|Next intake||Jun 2020 View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||$6,324 - $6,834 total cost of qualification (dependent on papers chosen) for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- manager or supervisor in your specialist area of expertise (if you meet the professional body’s registration criteria), e.g. associate teacher, team manager in a health care setting or a social work setting
- mentor for colleagues and students
- professionally registered mentor
Topics you'll cover
- Professional Leadership
- Legislation in a Professional Context
- Professional Mentoring
- Communication and Professional Relationships
- Rangahau 2 - Practice Based Research
- Strategic Management in Action
- Adult Teaching – Principles And Strategies
|Indicative Fees *||$6,324 - $6,834 total cost of qualification (dependent on papers chosen) for domestic students|
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are two ways you can take advantage of free fees. One is through Toi Ohomai’s range of free courses. These are separate to the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative so you don’t need to check your eligibility in relation to fees – simply apply in the normal way and we’ll take it from there.
The other is through the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative: If you’re starting tertiary study for the first time you might be eligible for a year’s worth of free fees. Find out more in our FAQ about the government’s fees free initiative.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- have an undergraduate degree in any discipline, OR
- be able to demonstrate equivalent practical, professional or educational experience, AND
- be able to demonstrate ability to meet the academic requirements of the course
English language requirements
IELTS Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||29 Jun 2020|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||16 Nov 2020|
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Part-time study available
Further Study Options
Courses Currently Under Development at Toi Ohomai, or Offered at Other Institutions
- higher level study at postgraduate level