This qualification is ideal for those who are already experienced operators in international freight logistics, as well as those wanting to enter the industry.
You'll gain advanced knowledge of international freight logistics concepts, legislation and practice, for employment in sectors like air freight, sea freight and customs broking.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Diploma in International Freight Logistics (Freight Forwarding) (Level 5)
|Next intake||Jul 2020 View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
This course is delivered fully online for domestic students and flexi-delivery (combination of on campus and online) for international students.
Part-time study available
Offered online or partly online
|Indicative Fees||$5,711 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- production planning
- freight forwarding
- demand management
- custom clearance
- air cargo management
- production or distribution supervision/ team leadership
- inventory control
- sea freight management
- warehouse management
Potential employers include:
- distribution companies
- freight companies
- supply chain companies
- logistics companies
- local authorities
- warehousing companies
Topics you'll cover
- Managing compliance and legislation
- Understand freight forwarding business operations
- Manage customers
- Manage staff
- Managing air freight
- Managing sea freight
|Indicative Fees *||$5,711 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
For New Zealand citizens residing outside New Zealand - $4,957 (no GST).
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are two ways you can take advantage of free fees. One is through Toi Ohomai’s range of free courses. These are separate to the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative so you don’t need to check your eligibility in relation to fees – simply apply in the normal way and we’ll take it from there.
The other is through the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative: If you’re starting tertiary study for the first time you might be eligible for a year’s worth of free fees. Find out more in our FAQ about the government’s fees free initiative.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
This course is targeted at experienced operators or intermediate-level administrators from within the industry, or people with related experience who are looking to enter the international freight logistics industry.
To gain entry into this course, you must have completed:
- 60 NCEA credits at Level 2 (with a minimum of 12 NCEA English credits at Level 2, and 12 credits in Mathematics at Level 2), OR
- equivalent tertiary study.
If you do not meet the academic requirements you may be given special admission if Toi Ohomai staff are satisfied you are capable of successfully completing the requirements.
Special admission may also apply for applicants over 20 years.
English language requirements
Level 5 certificate or diploma IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Online||Online||20 Jul 2020|
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- This course is delivered fully online for domestic students and flexi-delivery (combination of on campus and online) for international students.
- Part-time study available
- Offered online or partly online