TTAF Funded Courses
The Government-initiated Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund (TTAF) covers domestic tuition fees for selected courses from 1 July 2020 until 31 December 2022.
These courses have been chosen from industries where demand from employers is strong, or is expected to grow, during New Zealand’s recovery period from the impacts of COVID-19. These industries are:
- Primary industries, including agriculture, horticulture and viticulture, fisheries and forestry
- Construction, including building, plumbing, and civil engineering
- Community support, including youth work, care for elderly, counselling, and community health including mental health and addiction support
- Manufacturing and mechanical engineering and technology
- Electrical engineering
- Road transport (vehicle operations)
Study in the following areas is covered by the Fund:
- All apprenticeships
- Level 3-7 sub-degree programmes in targeted areas delivered by tertiary providers
- Industry training, outside of apprenticeships, in targeted areas
We'll be updating our website in the coming days with more detailed information as it becomes available. In the meantime, please visit the TEC website for a list of the qualifying courses, student FAQ and the full terms and conditions.