Ready to build on your creative skills in art and design?
In this level 4 course you'll learn the design process and how to develop your creative ideas.
This highly practical course combines workshops, tutorials, and small group activities. Hands-on projects enable you to unleash your creativity, experimenting and creating works from a variety of art and design mediums and techniques.
Your introductory knowledge will kick-start your career in the creative arts, or launch you into higher-level study.
* Art works in the header of this page by students: (l to r) Liam Banbury, Breeanna Goss (x2 paintings), Tonihi Kakau.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Arts and Design (Level 4)
|Next intake||Feb 2022 View more details|
1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
|Indicative Fees||$3,068 for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Junior assistant
- Support roles in arts and/or creative industries such as:
Topics you'll cover
- Materials and Process: Nga Rawa me te Tukanga
- Creative Industries: Ngā Ahumahi Auaha
- Design Development: Whakawhanake Hoahoa
Plus, choose one of the following:
- Studio: Taupuni Mahi, or
- Graphic Design Studio: Taupuni Mahi Whakatauira Whakanikoniko, or
- Fashion Design Studio: Taupuni Mahi Hoahoa Kākahu
|Indicative Fees *||$3,068 for domestic students|
|Course related costs||
Take advantage of our early bird fees for your 2022 study. Enrol by 3 December 2021 and you’ll pay the 2021 tuition fees. Conditions apply.*
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
For courses at Level 4, domestic students will normally be required to have:
NCEA Level 2 with passes in English/Te Reo Māori or education achievement at least equivalent to NCEA Level 2; OR
Evidence of ability to complete academic and any other programme requirements.
English language requirements
Level 4 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||21 Feb 2022|
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||21 Feb 2022|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||18 Jul 2022|
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||18 Jul 2022|
- 1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)