Fees at Toi Ohomai
You'll find your fees on the individual course pages. They’re an indication only so they may not be exact, and they're subject to change.
Your final fee may vary if you have:
- a choice of topics/papers to study
- the qualification excludes gst
- there are extra course materials to purchase
- student levies apply
We'll let you know if any of these apply to you.
International fees apply if you are a New Zealand resident or New Zealand permanent resident studying outside of New Zealand.
Student Support Levy
The Student Support Levy is a compulsory student fee that helps fund student services on campus. This levy is rolled into your course fees.
The levy helps fund services that are not covered by tuition fees like counselling, health services, financial support and advice, career and employability support, student communications, and student representation within Toi Ohomai.
Student Support Levy Fees (Max 1.0 Equivalent Full Time Student (EFT) charge)
- Main Campus (Mokoia, Windermere) - $250
- Regional Campus (Taupō, Tokoroa, Waipā, Whakatāne) - $175
- Other/Online (Satellite delivery sites or online study) - $125
For further information on the levy read our Student Support Levy Frequently Asked Questions (pdf, 504kb)
If you’re studying part-time you’ll pay fees proportional to the topics/papers selected for that year of study.
Early Bird Fees
Enrol for 2022 by 3 December 2021 and pay 2021 tuition fees! *
* to receive the benefit of 2021’s course tuition fees and Student Levies, students must enrol in a programme of study for 2022 by 3 December 2021. Enrolment can be completed by accepting an online offer in My Enrolments by 3 December 2021 or by returning a signed enrolment form to Toi Ohomai by 3 December 2021.
NOTE: 2022 course fees will apply if:
a) the programme you wish to enrol in for 2022 was not offered in 2021
b) your online offer is accepted by you after 3 December 2021
c) your signed enrolment form is not received by us by 3 December 2021.
If you meet the eligibility criteria there are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out more in our frequently asked questions about free fees.
When to Pay Your Fees
You should pay your fees before your course begins.
If any agreed arrangements for fees payment have not started within two weeks of the start date of your course a formal debt collection process will be initiated.
How to Pay your Fees
Payments can be made in person at the cashier’s office at the Mokoia Campus in Rotorua and the Windermere Campus in Tauranga, and at any regional campus reception. You can pay by cash, EFTPOS, credit card, or cheque.
Withdrawals and Transfers
- Domestic Student Withdrawals and Transfer Fees Schedule (pdf, 545kb)
- Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology Enrolment Fee Refund Policy (pdf, 63kb)
You can find all Toi Ohomai policies and regulations on our Regulations page
Official Document Fees
Fees for academic transcripts, official parchments, assessment of prior learning, and student ID cards are shown below.
You'll find forms to order replacement parchments (certificates) and academic transcripts on our Graduation page
- Other Toi Ohomai Fees (pdf 75kb)
Fees Payment Form
Use this form to notify us of your credit card details or find out how to pay via cheque/internet banking
- Fees Payment Form (pdf 496kb)
Information to Help you with your Finances
We’ve put together some helpful information for you on things like how to apply for StudyLink loans and allowances, how to estimate your flatting costs, student hardship services, and scholarships.
Visit the Help with Fees and Finance section.