This qualification has been designed by the industry, for the industry and is perfect if you're just starting out, working in, or planning to work in an operational decision making position in the field of supply chain management.
Our expert tutors give you individual support and encouragement and our online delivery means you can study anywhere in New Zealand with both part-time and full-time offerings available.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Supply Chain Management (Level 5)
|Next intake||Feb 2023 View more details|
1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Domestic students study this course fully online. International students attend face-to-face on campus tutorials at set times plus online learning.
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||$2,933 for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Roles in operational areas such as:
- production planning
- demand management
- production or distribution supervision/team leadership
- inventory control
- warehouse management
Potential employers include:
- distribution companies
- supply chain companies
- logistics companies
- local authorities
- warehousing companies
Topics you'll cover
During the course you'll learn about:
- demand management
- manufacturing planning and control
- inventory management
- procurement and distribution
- health and safety
- codes of compliance
- best practice
- dangerous goods
- risk and constraint management
- continual improvement
- financial analysis
- customer service
|Indicative Fees *||$2,933 for domestic students|
New Zealand citizens residing outside New Zealand (no gst) - $2,507
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you're studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
You must have:
- 60 NCEA credits at Level 2, with a minimum of:
- 12 NCEA credits in English at Level 2,
- 12 NCEA credits in Mathematics at Level 2, OR
- equivalent tertiary study
If you do not meet the academic requirements you may be given special admission if Toi Ohomai staff are satisfied you are capable of successfully completing the requirements.
Special admission may also apply for applicants over 20 years.
- access to a computer and reliable high speed internet service
- Internet Explorer or Firefox (latest) or Chrome
- web cam and headset with microphone
- Microsoft Word - minimum version 97-2003
- latest Adobe Flash - free to download from Adobe online
- latest Adobe Reader - free to download from Adobe online
- latest Java installed
English language requirements
Level 5 certificate or diploma IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Online||Online||20 Feb 2023|
|Online||Online||17 Jul 2023|
- 1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Domestic students study this course fully online. International students attend face-to-face on campus tutorials at set times plus online learning.
- Part-time study available