The Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology Study Awards are intended to be an incentive for people from the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato to achieve qualifications, with the aim of minimising financial barriers for second chance learners.
These awards are for applicants with previous work experience and/or an evident career aspiration. The personal and financial circumstances of applicants will also be considered.
In all cases, the award will depend on the individual meeting the course entry criteria and being accepted onto their intended study course.
- Applications are open to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents only.
- Preference will be given to students from the Toi Ohomai region (Bay of Plenty and South Waikato). Students must be over 18 years old.
Note: This award is primarily for applicants commencing a Toi Ohomai course. Applicants already undertaking study at Toi Ohomai will be approved at the discretion of the selection panel.
Applicants must demonstrate they have:
- the necessary motivation to achieve a tertiary qualification
- the ability to meet the academic demands of the course they have chosen
Fifteen awards of $1,000 for full-time study and ten awards of $500 for part-time study are available.
Application Form / More information
Applicants must include a brief statement outlining:
- why and how you focused on your chosen subject area
- how financial assistance may be critical to your success
- information on career plans, goals, achievements, community involvement, or personal strengths - especially in the area of learning
Applicants who do not supply this information may not be considered by the selection panel.
Additional information which may help the selection panel with their decision may also be provided.