Creating the perfect coffee is not only an art, but a science! Baristas that have mastered their craft are in hot demand.
Toi Ohomai has developed this comprehensive Barista course, delivered over six weeks, to take your barista skills to the next level.
Learn by doing in our state-of-the-art barista lab. Our Master Barista tutor will explain everything from the bean to the cup!
You’ll be ready to tackle a professional barista role with a skill that’s in demand all over the world.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- The Art of Coffee and Barista Services (Level 3)
|Next intake||To be confirmed View more details|
6 weeks full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
This course is delivered over 2-3 days on-campus and 1 day online per week
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||No tuition fees for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Successful learners may pursue employment as service personnel in cafes, restaurants, bars and clubs, which provide barista service.
Topics you'll cover
- Global coffee industry
- Coffee production process
- Espresso equipment
- Espresso beverages
- Barista services
- Introduction to latte art
|Indicative Fees *||No tuition fees for domestic students|
$150.00 administration fee
Take advantage of our early bird fees for your 2021 study. Enrol by 31 December 2020 and you’ll pay the 2020 tuition fees. Conditions apply.*
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
Course Entry Information
- Open Entry
For courses at levels 1-3, domestic and international students will be required to:
Provide evidence of ability to complete academic requirements.
English language requirements
Level 3 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
- Feb 2021 TGA intake (4 weeks delivery) will be delivered over 3 days on-campus (Weds, Thurs and Fri 9am-4pm) and 1 day online per week
- May 2021 TGA intake (6 weeks delivery) will be delivered over 2 days on-campus (Thurs and Fri 9am-4pm) and 1 day online per week
Intakes to be confirmed Ask to be notified when the next intake becomes available
- 6 weeks full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- This course is delivered over 2-3 days on-campus and 1 day online per week
- Part-time study available