Keen on a career in hospitality management?
This one-year course will set you up for a trainee management or team leader position in New Zealand’s hospitality industry. You'll learn about what’s involved in managing a department, facilities, inventories and supplies within a hospitality business, as well as how to monitor and maintain operating procedures.
You'll also find out how to work with other staff and build great relationships. During your studies you'll get plenty of practice talking with visitors and working at real events as part of a team. Lots of field trips during the year will put you in front of employers and show you what kind of organisations are involved in this growing industry.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management (Level 5)
|Next intake||Feb 2022 View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||$5,768 for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Junior or trainee hospitality management roles, supervisor or team leader roles across a range of hospitality sectors such as kitchens, restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation, catering or hotels.
Topics you'll cover
- Professionalism and core skills for tourism and hospitality
- Introduction to the tourism and hospitality industry
- Supervisory skills for tourism and hospitality
- Hotel operations
- Showcasing tourism, travel hospitality and gastronomy
- Managing the customer experience
- Planning and marketing for tourism and hospitality enterprise
- Food and beverage operations
|Indicative Fees *||$5,768 for domestic students|
|Course related costs||
$300 for field trips
Take advantage of our early bird fees for your 2022 study. Enrol by 3 December 2021 and you’ll pay the 2021 tuition fees. Conditions apply.*
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- NCEA Level 2 including passes in English or Te Reo Māori, plus 42 credits at Level 3 or equivalent, OR
- a Level 3 or Level 4 qualification in a hospitality-related discipline (e.g., food and beverage service, accommodation services, hotel reception), or equivalent, OR
- evidence of ability to meet the academic requirements
English language requirements
Level 5 certificate or diploma IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||21 Feb 2022|
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||21 Feb 2022|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||18 Jul 2022|
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||18 Jul 2022|
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Part-time study available