** Some Course Details May Change **
As part of our move into Te Pūkenga we’re excited to be part of a large-scale review of courses. This is ongoing, and means that some course details including fees, and entry requirements may change. In the meantime please go ahead and apply as normal and we are always available to answer any questions you might have.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies - Adult Teaching will suit you if you're wanting to advance your research and leadership skills, applying theoretical study to examples of work-based situations.
During the course you'll learn to critique, analyse and find effective solutions to issues and challenges within your specialist field. Your assessments and projects directly support your employment so you can put your new skills and knowledge into practice on the job.
You get the opportunity to design and facilitate effective lessons, as a result of critical self-reflection and constructive feedback.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies leads onto Masters study – within 18 months you could complete both qualifications. Or, complete your Postgraduate Diploma and put your new skills to work. You can return at any time to take your learning to the next level.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies (Adult Teaching)
Additional awards included:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies (Adult Teaching)
|Feb 2024 View more details
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
If you have already completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies (Adult Teaching), you can finish this course in 19 weeks (full time).
Part-time study available
|$7,874 for domestic students View full fees information
|View entry criteria
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Advancement or employment related to your current field of practice, in roles such as:
- tertiary lecturer/tutor
- staff development and training officer
- educational resources designer/writer
- academic manager
Topics you'll cover
- Critical Reflective Practice
- Adult Learning Theory
- Assessing for Learning
- Designing Learning Programmes for Adult Learners
- Adult Teaching Practice
- Nga Tikanga Rangahau: Research Protocols
|Indicative Fees *
|$7,874 for domestic students
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- hold a bachelor's degree or a graduate certificate or graduate diploma in a cognate subject, OR
- hold the Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies (Adult Teaching), OR
- have completed a post-secondary school diploma in a related discipline at NZQA Level 7 or equivalent with a recognised tertiary provider, AND
- be able to demonstrate of at least two years relevant practical experience with at least two written references (employer and character).
You must have access to a relevant workplace. If you are not currently employed it is expected that you'll have at least two years relevant experience to draw on.
Limitations may apply to the number of students admitted and enrolled on the course. The Faculty Leader shall approve every applicant selected for the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies.
English language requirements
IELTS Academic score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 5 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
|26 Feb 2024
|22 Jul 2024
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- If you have already completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies (Adult Teaching), you can finish this course in 19 weeks (full time).
- Part-time study available