This qualification has been designed by the industry, for the industry and is perfect for you if you're working in, or planning to work in an operational decision making position in the field of supply chain management.
Our expert tutors give you individual support and encouragement and our online delivery means you can study anywhere in New Zealand with both part-time and full-time offerings available.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Certificate in Supply Chain Management (Level 5)
|Next intake||Oct 2019 View more details|
19 weeks full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
This course is delivered fully online.
Part-time study available
Offered online or partly online
|Indicative Fees||$2,798 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Roles in operational areas such as:
- production planning
- demand management
- production or distribution supervision/team leadership
- inventory control
- warehouse management
Potential employers include:
- distribution companies
- supply chain companies
- logistics companies
- local authorities
- warehousing companies
Topics you'll cover
During the course you'll learn about:
- demand management
- manufacturing planning and control
- inventory management
- procurement and distribution
- health and safety
- codes of compliance
- best practice
- dangerous goods
- risk and constraint management
- continual improvement
- financial analysis
- customer service
|Indicative Fees||$2,798 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
New Zealand citizens residing outside New Zealand (zero gst) - $2,385 total cost of qualification
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are two ways you can take advantage of free fees. One is through Toi Ohomai’s range of free courses. These are separate to the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative so you don’t need to check your eligibility in relation to fees – simply apply in the normal way and we’ll take it from there.
The other is through the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative: If you’re starting tertiary study for the first time you might be eligible for a year’s worth of free fees. Find out more in our FAQ about the government’s fees free initiative.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
You must have:
- 60 NCEA credits at Level 2, with a minimum of:
- 12 NCEA credits in English at Level 2,
- 12 NCEA credits in Mathematics at Level 2, OR
- equivalent tertiary study
If you do not meet the academic requirements you may be given special admission if Toi Ohomai staff are satisfied you are capable of successfully completing the requirements.
Special admission may also apply for applicants over 20 years.
- access to a computer and reliable high speed internet service
- Internet Explorer or Firefox (latest) or Chrome
- web cam and headset with microphone
- Microsoft Word - minimum version 97-2003
- latest Adobe Flash - free to download from Adobe online
- latest Adobe Reader - free to download from Adobe online
- latest Java installed
English language requirements
Level 5 certificate or diploma IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed NZ Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Online||Online||21 Oct 2019|
|Tauranga||Logistics Training Centre||21 Oct 2019|
|Online||Online||17 Feb 2020|
|Online||Online||20 Jul 2020|
- 19 weeks full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- This course is delivered fully online.
- Part-time study available
- Offered online or partly online