Are you a working professional who wants to gain higher level qualifications in your field of expertise? At Toi Ohomai you can advance your study of professional leadership with our unique suite of applied postgraduate courses that link directly to your current practice.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies - Adult Teaching is perfect for students wanting to advance their scholarly research and hone their leadership skills, by applying theoretical study to examples of work-based situations. Your assessments and projects directly support your professional employment so you can seamlessly put your new skills and knowledge into practice on the job.
During the course you explore and evaluate your own personal practice while learning to critique, analyse and find effective solutions to issues and challenges within your specialist field.
You get the opportunity to develop your professional practice by designing and facilitating effective lessons, as a result of critical self-reflection and constructive feedback.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies leads onto Masters study – within 18 months you could complete both qualifications. Or, complete your Postgraduate Diploma and put your new skills to work. You can return at any time to take your learning to the next level.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies (Adult Teaching)
Additional awards included:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies (Adult Teaching)
|Next intake||Feb 2020 View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
If you have already completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies (Adult Teaching), you can finish this course in 19 weeks (full time).
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||$7,118 total cost of qualification for domestic students View full fees information|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Advancement or employment related to your current field of practice, in roles such as:
- tertiary lecturer/tutor
- staff development and training officer
- educational resources designer/writer
- academic manager
Topics you'll cover
- Critical Reflective Practice
- Adult Learning Theory
- Assessing for Learning
- Designing Learning Programmes for Adult Learners
- Adult Teaching Practice
- Nga Tikanga Rangahau: Research Protocols
|Indicative Fees *||$7,118 total cost of qualification for domestic students|
Enrol for 2020 by 31 December and pay 2019 course rates! Conditions apply *
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are two ways you can take advantage of free fees. One is through Toi Ohomai’s range of free courses. These are separate to the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative so you don’t need to check your eligibility in relation to fees – simply apply in the normal way and we’ll take it from there.
The other is through the government’s ‘fees free’ initiative: If you’re starting tertiary study for the first time you might be eligible for a year’s worth of free fees. Find out more in our FAQ about the government’s fees free initiative.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- hold a bachelor's degree or a graduate certificate or graduate diploma in a cognate subject, OR
- hold the Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies (Adult Teaching), OR
- have completed a post-secondary school diploma in a related discipline at NZQA Level 7 or equivalent with a recognised tertiary provider, AND
- be able to demonstrate of at least two years relevant practical experience with at least two written references (employer and character).
You must have access to a relevant workplace. If you are not currently employed it is expected that you'll have at least two years relevant experience to draw on.
Limitations may apply to the number of students admitted and enrolled on the course. The Faculty Leader shall approve every applicant selected for the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies.
English language requirements
IELTS Academic score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 5 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||17 Feb 2020|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||29 Jun 2020|
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- If you have already completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies (Adult Teaching), you can finish this course in 19 weeks (full time).
- Part-time study available