Are you looking for a career with huge potential, in a stimulating and dynamic field?
Tourism and travel operators want the right people, with the right skills, to assist clients and visitors achieve a unique holiday experience, and to support the regional development that is required.
This one-year qualification allows you to experience and learn about the national and international tourism industry, and the delivery of a quality visitor experience. You'll build skills in tourism and travel management work practices while learning about the wider tourism and hospitality sector and its fit within the business environment.
Industry visits, field trips and loads of opportunities for hands-on learning make up this practical course.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- New Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel (Level 5)
|Next intake||Feb 2022 View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||$5,878 for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Graduates of this course can apply for roles with employers including:
- trainee and junior management or supervisor positions in a range of travel and tourism sectors:
- travel providers
- activity and attraction operators
Topics you'll cover
Compulsory topics in this course:
- Professionalism and Core Skills for Tourism and Hospitality
- Introduction to the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Supervisory Skills for Tourism and Hospitality
- Showcasing Tourism, Travel, Hospitality and Gastronomy
- Managing the Customer Experience
- Planning and Marketing for Tourism and Hospitality Enterprise
You will also study TWO of the four topics below:
- Tourism Operating Environments
- The Destination Experience
- Tourism Event Planning Fundamentals
- Travel Industry Knowledge
|Indicative Fees *||$5,878 for domestic students|
|Course related costs||
$300 for field trips
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you’re studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- NCEA Level 2 plus 42 credits at Level 3 or equivalent, OR
- a Level 3 or Level 4 related qualification or equivalent, OR
- evidence of ability to meet the academic requirements.
English language requirements
IELTS academic score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||21 Feb 2022|
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||21 Feb 2022|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||18 Jul 2022|
|Tauranga||Windermere Campus||18 Jul 2022|
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Part-time study available