Are you a working professional who wants to gain higher level qualifications in your field of expertise? At Toi Ohomai you can advance your study of professional leadership with our unique suite of applied postgraduate courses that link directly to your current practice.
Your study is highly applied which means assessments and projects directly support your professional employment – you can seamlessly put your new skills and knowledge into practice on the job.
During the course you explore and evaluate your own personal practice while learning to critique, analyse and find effective solutions to issues and challenges within your specialist field.
You explore governance and management in New Zealand’s legislative environment, develop your own sustainable model of leadership and gain practical knowledge to build effective professional relationships.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies leads onto the Postgraduate Diploma and Masters study – within 18 months you could complete three qualifications. Or, complete your Postgraduate Certificate and put your new skills to work. You can return at any time to take your learning to the next level.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies (Mentoring and Leadership)
|Next intake||Feb 2022 View more details|
1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||$1,866 for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Advancement or employment related to your current field of practice, in roles such as:
- formal and informal leadership roles within a workplace or industry team
- associate teacher supporting students on placement (if meets registration requirements)
- educational leadership roles
- mentoring and leadership within health and social services
- mentoring and supervision of staff
Topics you'll cover
- Critical Reflective Practice
- Professional Leadership
- The New Zealand Legislative Environment for Professional Leaders
- Building Professional Relationships for Mentoring
|Indicative Fees *||$1,866 for domestic students|
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
You must have:
- a bachelor's degree or a graduate certificate or graduate diploma in a cognate subject, OR
- completed a post-secondary school diploma in a related discipline at NZQA Level 7 or equivalent with a recognised tertiary provider, AND
- demonstration of at least two years relevant practical experience with at least two written references (employer and character).
You must have access to a relevant workplace. If you are not currently employed it is expected that you'll have at least two years relevant experience to draw on.
Limitations may apply to the number of students admitted and enrolled on the course. The Faculty Leader shall approve every applicant selected for the Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies.
English language requirements
IELTS Academic score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 5 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||21 Feb 2022|
|Rotorua||Mokoia Campus||18 Jul 2022|
- 1 semester full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Part-time study available