** Some Course Details May Change **
As part of our move into Te Pūkenga we’re excited to be part of a large-scale review of courses. This is ongoing, and means that some course details including fees, and entry requirements may change. In the meantime please go ahead and apply as normal and we are always available to answer any questions you might have.
Every business needs strong, capable managers. At Toi Ohomai you can advance your study in management with our suite of applied, postgraduate management courses. You can also endorse your qualification with a specialisation in hospitality.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Management is perfect if you want to advance your scholarly research and hone your practical management skills. It mixes theoretical study with highly applied, work-based learning.
Build on your prior learning in hospitality, and extend your management capabilities to find solutions to complex problems in real business environments.
Through independent study you'll learn to apply an advanced level of knowledge, employing critical enquiry, strategic analysis and problem solving skills.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Management leads onto Masters study – within 18 months you could complete both qualifications. Or, complete your Postgraduate Diploma and put your new skills to work. You can return at any time to take your learning to the next level.
The underpinning kaitiakitanga framework of this qualification is aimed at satisfying the cultural, social, environmental and economic aspirations of Māori and Pacific peoples, while being inclusive of international students, through Te Tiriti o Waitangi/The Treaty of Waitangi.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management (with or without endorsement)
Additional qualifications included:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Management (with endorsement)
|Feb 2024 View more details
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
If you've already completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Management, you can finish this course in 20 weeks (full time).
Part-time study available
|$7,304 for domestic students View full fees information
|View entry criteria
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- assistant manager
- event manager
- project manager
- conference and functions manager
- business development manager
- tourism operations manager
- cruise director
- hotel manager
- general customer service industry manager
- night duty manager
- resident manager
- guest relations manager
- business owner
Topics you'll cover
Compulsory papers in this course:
- Management Practice - Critical Analysis and Review
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Finance for Managers
- Operations Management
- Change Management
- Advanced Applied Research Proposal
You must also complete TWO papers from the list below:
- Cultural Intelligence in the Hospitality Industry
- Service Sector Marketing
- Work-Integrated Project
|Indicative Fees *
|$7,304 for domestic students
|Course related costs
Textbooks may be required for some papers.
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you're studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
There are four pathways to admission to this course:
- an undergraduate degree with honours, or a postgraduate certificate
- a graduate diploma in business, management, or with a business or management endorsement, or equivalent
- an undergraduate degree in business, management, or with a business or management endorsement or equivalent
- special admission. If you do not meet the academic requirements you may be given special admission if Toi Ohomai staff are satisfied you are capable of successfully completing the requirements.
English language requirements
IELTS Academic score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 5 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
|26 Feb 2024
|22 Jul 2024
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- If you've already completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Management, you can finish this course in 20 weeks (full time).
- Part-time study available