Health Centre, Mokoia Campus
Te Whare Hauora - Health Centre, Mokoia Campus offers on-site free healthcare services to Toi Ohomai students and staff.
We offer a great range of services including Kaitiaki Nurses, Doctor and counselling services, that are delivered face-to-face and by phone. Referrals to internal and external support services are available. All of our services are confidential.
Te Whare Hauora - Health Centre Timetable
See the contact information at the bottom of this page for general opening hours.
Note that all services below are open to all students of Toi Ohomai.
Please be aware opening hours are subject to change at short notice due to staffing.
|Mental Health Nurses
|Kaitiaki Nurse: (Mokoia)
The healthcare services include:
- Kaitiaki Nurses
- Counselling services
- Doctor appointments
- Health advice
- Treatment of minor injuries and wounds, ACC
- Health screening (cervical screening, asthma, blood pressure checks, blood sugar checks, blood testing)
- Sexual health services
- Support with mental health issues such as stress, anxiety or other challenges you may be facing
- Smoking cessation support
- Referrals to internal and external healthcare and wellbeing services and support
Mental Health – Kaitiaki Practitioner
We have two experienced and skilled mental Health Nurses who can support with:
- Assessing and supporting students with mental health challenges
- Stress and anxiety management
- In-class mental health workshops
- Regular mindfulness sessions
- Referral to external health organisations
Make an appointment with a Mental Health – Kaitiaki Practitioner on campus or remotely by stopping by Te Whare Hauora - Health Centre, emailing [email protected] or contacting 073468883 (Mokoia) or 075578756 (Windermere).
Free Counselling Services
Counselling services are available to help you work through any issues you may have while studying at Toi Ohomai.
Face to face counselling appointments
Counselling services for Rotorua based student can see Rose Lancaster-Rous, the onsite counsellor at Te Whare Hauora - Health Centre, Mokoia Campus on Tuesday, 10.00am - 2.30pm. To arrange an appointment, contact 07 346 8883.
Online / Phone counselling
A virtual appointment can be made with a counsellor via Vitae. There services are available Monday – Sunday, 9.00am – 9.00pm. You can also call them on 0508 664 981.
Having trouble with your ears or hearing? Monthly hearing clinics are available at Mokoia Campus. To book an appointment, contact 07 346 8883. Alternatively, contact 'Your way | Kia Roha' on 0800 008 011 or visit their website to make an appointment.