Learning & Personal Support
Developing a sound kete of study and assessment skills is really important for a successful and confident study journey.
How to plan your schedule, how to get the online systems working for you, and how to paraphrase and reference your work are all demands students face.
Our friendly facilitators are here to help with things like; academic writing, study skills, understanding assignment questions, exam and study strategies, time management, referencing, and general computer skills.
They work with you one-to-one, in study groups or workshops to help you succeed in your studies and achieve your goals.
Our Learning Facilitators support you to:
- plan study schedules to minimise time pressures
- develop effective study, assessment, and exam skills
- develop paraphrasing and writing skills
- develop numeracy, literacy and English language skills
- access other support services available through Toi Ohomai
- use the self-help resources available in Student Support Online
Our engagement facilitators support you to:
- confidently access and engage with Toi Ohomai, government, and community organisations
- manage your study demands
- become more aware about self-help resources available
Presenting Your Assignments: The Copy Centres
Come on down to the Copy Centres where our friendly, experienced staff can help you come up with creative ideas on how to produce and finish your work. Here you’ll find:
- black and white, and coloured photocopying
- a wide selection of paper and card for your assignments
Self-service copiers are also available in the libraries.
Library, and Learning Support Team
Drop in to your campus library at Mokoia or Windermere Campus.