Drivers or operators who have the 'D' Dangerous Goods endorsement are valued in the workplace.
Dangerous goods are generally anything with explosive, flammable, toxic, infectious or corrosive properties. You'll gain knowledge of law and practice for the transport of dangerous goods by road.
Read more about NZTA's 'D' Dangerous Goods driver licence endorsement.
This course also offers refresher training.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- NZ Transport Agency Driver Licence (D endorsement)
Dangerous Goods (Refresher) learners will receive an update on their record of achievement for unit standard 16718 and an NZTA certificate verifying refreshment of the D endorsement, issued by the Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology.
|Locations||To be confirmed|
|Next intake||To be confirmed View more details|
3 weeks part-time
|Indicative Fees||$334 for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Topics you'll cover
- Driver requirements for license endorsement D (dangerous goods)
- Transport of dangerous goods
|Indicative Fees *||$334 for domestic students|
*Please note, fees for our 2024 intakes are yet to be confirmed. Once they are, we will update our website to reflect the new 2024 fee amount.
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
Course Entry Information
Dangerous Goods (Transportation)
- A minimum requirement is NZ Transport Agency Class 1 Driver Licence.
Dangerous Goods (Refresher)
- Students who already hold and require refreshment of unit standard 16718 will be admitted onto this programme, assuming it has been no longer than five years since the unit standard was achieved/last refreshed. Evidence of achievement/refreshment will be required.
Dangerous Goods (Transportation) Special Conditions
- Achievement of the D Endorsement is conditional on having the class of driver licence in which the dangerous goods will be transported.
Dangerous Goods (Refresher) Special Conditions
- A D endorsement renewal assessment can be used if the D endorsement is still valid, or up to 12 months after the expiry date, therefore students in this situation can be enrolled into this training scheme.
- If the learner’s D endorsement expired more than 12 months ago, they cannot be admitted into this training and must complete the full initial D endorsement assessment.
English language requirements
Level 3 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
Intakes to be confirmed Ask to be notified when the next intake becomes available
- 3 weeks part-time