Do you work in a public health, clinical health, scientific, or food production environment and need to know about how to prevent and minimise the spread of infection?
Our graduate courses are not only for nurses and other clinical staff, but anyone whose field of work involves the potential for infection transmission, such as scientists, lab technicians or allied health workers.
In this one-year Graduate Diploma you develop your skills and knowledge in microbiology, epidemiology and epidemiological research, and learn best-practice strategies to prevent and minimise the spread of infectious organisms.
Leadership is a strong focus of this course and using evidence-based research, you explore leadership issues and how they relate to the implementation and coordination of infection risk management.
You'll also learn what’s involved in delivering effective monitoring and quality assurance programmes.
If you've already completed the Graduate Certificate in Infection Risk Management, you can finish this course in 19 weeks (full time).
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- Graduate Diploma in Infection Risk Management
Additional awards included:
- Graduate Certificate in Infection Risk Management
|Locations||To be confirmed|
|Next intake||To be confirmed View more details|
1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Study face-to-face on campus at set times plus online learning
Part-time study available
|Indicative Fees||$3,831 for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
Employment in the areas of:
- public health or health monitoring
- science or environmental analysis
- food production
- communicable diseases
- local government
- as an infection prevention and control clinician
Topics you'll cover
- Microbiology for Infection Risk Management
- Fundamentals of Infection Risk Management
- Leadership of Infection Risk Management
- Infection Risk Management in Practice
- Applied Research
|Indicative Fees *||$3,831 for domestic students|
*Please note, fees for our 2024 intakes are yet to be confirmed. Once they are, we will update our website to reflect the new 2024 fee amount.
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
This course meets the requirements for student allowance and student loan applications through StudyLink.
- A student loan helps to pay for your course fees (the compulsory fees), study materials e.g. books, equipment, and living costs. You'll have to pay this money back.
- A student allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses while you're studying. You don't have to pay the money back.
Find out more and apply at studylink.govt.nz
Scholarships are one way you might be able to get some financial help. Any scholarships specifically related to this course are shown below, otherwise check out the full list of scholarships promoted by Toi Ohomai.
Course Entry Information
- hold an undergraduate degree in any discipline, OR
- hold a Level 6 diploma in a relevant field, OR
- be able to demonstrate equivalent practical, professional or educational experience.
English language requirements
IELTS Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 4 with the Academic Endorsement or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
Intakes to be confirmed Ask to be notified when the next intake becomes available
- 1 year full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
- Study face-to-face on campus at set times plus online learning
- Part-time study available