New to the commercial road transport and infrastructure industry or looking for change in career? Join this seven week short course and work towards your Class 2 heavy vehicle operator licence.
By gaining your wheels, tracks and rollers endorsements, you’ll be able to get a job which allows you to drive special types of vehicles on the road (excludes forklifts). These include special wheel type vehicles, vehicles that run on rollers and self-laying tracks.
This course gives you the skills employers in the industry are looking for. Once you've finished, consider moving onto our commercial road transport course which includes working towards your Class 4 and 5 licence and your forklift, and dangerous goods endorsements.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
- Introduction to Infrastructure Training Scheme (Level 3)
|Locations||To be confirmed|
|Next intake||To be confirmed View more details|
7 weeks full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
|Indicative Fees||To be confirmed for domestic students View full fees information|
|Eligibility||View entry criteria|
To see the information for international students change your location using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Class 2 driver
- WTR operator in the infrastructure, forestry and commercial road transport industry
Topics you'll cover
- Course 1 - Driving Practice and Fatigue Management
- Course 2 - Infrastructure Machinery
- Course 3 - Preparation for the Workforce
|Indicative Fees *||To be confirmed for domestic students|
*Please note, fees for our 2024 intakes are yet to be confirmed. Once they are, we will update our website to reflect the new 2024 fee amount.
Help with fees
Are you Eligible for Free Fees?
There are several ways to take advantage of free study at Toi Ohomai. Find out how on our Fees Free FAQ page.
Student Loans and Allowances
Course Entry Information
- NCEA Level 1
- A Class 1 full license (held for a minimum of six months)
- A current full NZTA driver licence of the appropriate class for the gross vehicle mass of the vehicle to be used for assessment
English language requirements
Level 3 certificate IELTS General or Academic score of 5 with no band score lower than 5 or completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic, or meets a relevant English Proficiency Outcome as outlined by NZQA.
Return to course overview
Course Locations and Intake Information
Intakes to be confirmed Ask to be notified when the next intake becomes available
- 7 weeks full-time, including holidays (if applicable)
Further Study Options
Courses Offered at Toi Ohomai
Courses Currently Under Development at Toi Ohomai, or Offered at Other Institutions
- This training scheme is perfect for those wanting to go onto the New Zealand Certificate in Commercial Road Transport (Heavy Vehicle Operator) (Level 3) programme and continue to develop their skills and knowledge as a heavy vehicle operator